In preparation for your procedure, please take note of the following:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please call before your appointment if you develop a cold, flu, sore throat or other symptoms of illness.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and a short-sleeved shirt. Do not wear tight fitting or binding clothes.
- Do not wear jewelry to your appointment.
- Empty your bladder immediately prior to your surgery.
- Please remove contact lenses or glasses prior to surgery.
- You may take prescribed medication the morning of surgery (unless told otherwise by your doctor) with a small sip of water. Do not take any narcotic pain medication or sedatives prior to your appointment.
- Do not plan any strenuous activities for at least 48 to 72 hours following your procedure.
Please note the following instructions if you are undergoing Intravenous general anesthesia or sedation:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your appointment.
- You must bring an escort with you who can drive you home after the appointment. We will not allow you to drive a vehicle.
- Your driver/escort must stay in the waiting room until your surgery is completed.
- If you must cancel, please call at least 24 hours in advance.
Thank you for putting your trust in us. We wish to make your surgical appointment as pleasant and smooth as possible. Should any questions or concerns arise prior to your appointment, please contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.